An Arkansas vehicle bill of sale records the transfer of ownership of a vehicle from one party to another.
When you buy a vehicle in Arkansas, you need a bill of sale to register the transfer with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The bill of sale will contain the name of the seller and buyer, the purchase price, and vehicle details, including the current odometer reading.
Arkansas Vehicle Registration
After you buy a vehicle in Arkansas, you need to register the transaction. While a bill of sale is not required in Arkansas, you may need it in certain situations to prove vehicle ownership. Here are the things you need to know to register your vehicle.
Where to Register Your Vehicle
You can register your vehicle in person with the Office of Motor Vehicle (OMV). You can also complete the registration online without going to their physical location if it is a new vehicle. Also, you need to register your vehicle within 30 days from the purchase or transfer date.
Documents Required by the DMV Office
The DMV needs the following document to register your vehicle:
- Vehicle bill of sale/odometer disclosure statement ( Form 10-313). The vehicle bill of sale will contain the following:
- Name and address of the seller
- Name and address of the buyer
- Vehicle odometer reading
- Detailed vehicle description, including the vehicle identification number (VIN) and make, year, and model of the car
- Seller and buyer’s signature
- The purchase price and date of sale
- Vehicle title
- Valid drivers license
- Proof of payment of personal property taxes
- Current year county tax assessment
- Proof of insurance that meets the state’s minimum requirement
- A completed vehicle registration application (Form 10-381)
- A copy of the lien agreement, where applicable
- Proof of payment of the registration fee
How to Write a Bill of Sale for a Car in Arkansas
Follow these steps to ensure your vehicle bill of sale in Arkansas form is complete and complies with the requirements of Arkansas DMV:
Step 1 – Grab a Template of an Arkansas Vehicle Bill of Sale
Complete a copy of the vehicle bill of sale from the Arkansas DMV or use our legal template to create the document.
Step 2 – Fill In Vehicle Details
Write in the vehicle identification number.
Step 3 – Fill In the Buyer’s Information
Add the buyer’s details, their name, address, city, state, and zip code. Tick the box if there are multiple buyers and fill in their details.
Step 4 – Fill In the Seller’s Information
Print the name of the seller in full, their address, city, state, and zip code.
Step 5 – Fill In the Details of the Vehicle
Complete the vehicle’s purchase date, model, make, and year.
Step 6 – Complete the Odometer Disclosure Section
Add the full name of the seller. Then fill in the odometer reading when you bought the vehicle.
Step 7 – Fill In the Sales Price and Signatures
Add the vehicle’s full sales price, print the name of the seller and buyer, and add their signature. You can print the form and use a pen to fill it out or complete it on your device before printing it.
Free Arkansas Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
Use our free printable Arkansas bill of sale to register your vehicle at the DMV office.