Version Date: December 29, 2016
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old.
DISCLAIMER: NO LEGAL SERVICES PROVIDED
The Site cannot and does not provide legal advice. The Site and the Services are provided for general informational and educational purposes only and are not a substitute for legal advice. The information available on the Site and through the Services are made in good faith, without verifying its accuracy, utility or legal validity, and should not be relied upon as the sole basis for making decisions. We are not a law firm, we do not engage in the practice of law, and our employees do not act as your lawyer or provide legal advice or representation. We are merely a self-help service that you may use at your sole discretion. You are responsible for making independent determinations about the information you receive on the Site or by using the Services, and reliance on any such information provided is solely at your own risk and does not ensure a successful legal outcome. We do not provide any kind of legal advice, explanation, opinion or recommendation to you about: (1) your possible legal rights, remedies or defenses; (2) your options, selection of forms or strategies; or (3) the legal accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of any information or answers you provide. Your use of the Site and/or the Services does not create or establish any attorney-client relationship. Any information you submit to us or the Site is not protected by attorney-client privilege.
The law changes over time and can vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and courts can give varying interpretations depending upon the situation to which the law is applied. No warranty, representation, or guarantee is being made that any legal information provided via the Site and/or the Services is accurate, complete, exhaustive, reliable, current, appropriate, useful or fit for a particular service. Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon such information, we encourage you to confer with appropriate legal counsel or other professionals, as you deem necessary. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. SUCH RELIANCE SHALL BE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and the Content, and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access, solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
PURCHASES AND PAYMENT
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase information for all purchases made via the Site. You further agree to promptly update your account and financial information, including email address, payment method and credit or debit card expiration date, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
You agree to pay all charges at the prices then in effect for your purchases, and you authorize us to charge your chosen payment provider for any such purchases. Sales tax will be added to the price of purchases as deemed required by us. All payments shall be in U.S. dollars.
Fees may be charged on a per purchase basis or on a monthly or other recurring basis. If your purchase is subject to recurring charges, then you consent to us charging your payment method in advance on a recurring basis, without requiring your prior approval for each recurring charge. Recurring charges will continue until you notify us of your cancellation. Charges for renewal periods shall be calculated at the prevailing rates then offered by us.
In the event you fail to make a timely payment, you will be responsible for all reasonable expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by us in collecting such amounts. We reserve the right to suspend access to the Services in the event you fail to make a timely payment hereunder.
We reserve the right to refuse any order placed through the Site. We also reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or received payment.
We offer a free trial to new users who register with the Site. At the end of the free trial period, you will automatically be enrolled in our monthly membership plan and will be charged each month accordingly. No refunds shall be given on free trials properly converted to paid membership plans.
You can cancel your paid membership at any time by logging in and going to the “My Account” section of the Site. Cancellations will take effect at the end of the current paid term.
If you are not satisfied or believe there has been an error in billing, please contact our Customer Service Department by emailing us at [email protected] or calling us at (800) 242-6680. Our customer service hours are M-F, 10AM – 6PM EDT.
You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site satisfy any legal requirements that such communication be in writing.
You may not access or use the Site or the Services for any purpose other than that for which we make them available. The Site is for your personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors, except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a registered user of the Site, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from us;
- make any unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein;
- engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site;
- trick, defraud or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site;
- attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user;
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile;
- use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse or harm another person;
- use the Services as part of any effort to compete with us or to provide services as a service bureau;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site;
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site;
- harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you;
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the Services;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”);
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software;
- disparage, tarnish or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site; and
- use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite you to chat, participate in or comment on blogs, message boards, online forums and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute or broadcast content and materials to us or via the Site, including without limitation, text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions or personally identifiable information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”). Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and the Services and through third party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
1. the creation, distribution, transmission, public display and performance, accessing, downloading and copying of your Contributions does not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to, the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or moral rights of any third party;
2. you are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases and permissions to use and to authorize us, the Site and other users of the Site to use your Contributions;
3. you have the written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use his or her name or likeness to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in the manner contemplated by the Site;
4. your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us), do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate or abuse anyone, do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government, do not incite, encourage or threaten physical harm against another, do not violate any applicable law, regulation or rule and do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
5. your Contributions do not contain material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, and do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
6. your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference or physical handicap;
By posting Contributions to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right and license to: (1) host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising or otherwise; (2) prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions; and (3) grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels. Such use and distribution license will apply to any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and personal and commercial images you provide. You agree to waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions. We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site, and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to: (1) edit, redact or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and (3) pre-screen or delete any Contributions that are determined to be inappropriate.
You acknowledge and agree that by submitting a review to us, you grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable and sub-licensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform and/or distribute the review, in whole or in part. We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities or losses resulting from any review.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We may accept, reject or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers the reviews to be objectionable or inaccurate. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria: (1) you should have firsthand experience with the subject being reviewed; (2) your reviews should not contain profanity or offensive, abusive, racist or hate language, discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or references to illegal activity; (3) you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews; (4) you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct; and (5) you may not post any false statements or organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Site or the Services (the “Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree that there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights in your Submissions.
CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. We will remove any infringing materials from the Site, and, in appropriate circumstances, we will disable or terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify our designated copyright agent at:
Legal Templates LLC
Attn: Copyright Agent
10929 Wickshire Way
North Bethesda, MD 20852
Email: [email protected]
Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for the proper takedown notification requirements and include all required information in your notice. If you knowingly misrepresent in your notification that the material is infringing, you will be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred as the result of our reliance on your misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to such material.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, pursuing civil, criminal and injunctive redress.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to service descriptions, pricing, availability and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice.
THE SITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY: (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS; (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES; (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE OR THE SERVICES; (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURE IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING.
Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow exclusions as broad as those stated above or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may, in whole or in part, not apply to you and you may have additional rights.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of the performance of the Services, as well as data relating to your use of the Services. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are primarily responsible for all data that you have transferred or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Services. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS AND SIGNATURES
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS AND OTHER RECORDS AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SITE. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws in any jurisdiction which requires an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits other than by electronic means. Signatures and identities are not authenticated on the Site.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services, please contact us at:
Legal Templates LLC
4023 Kennett Pike #57884
Wilmington, DE 19807
Phone: (800) 242-6680
Fax: (206) 504-2946
Email: [email protected]
CALIFORNIA USERS AND RESIDENTS
If any complaint with us is not satisfactorily resolved, you can contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California 95834 or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.