A Nebraska bill of sale is a legal document used to transfer ownership of a valuable item from one person to another based on the specific state laws of Nebraska (NE).
The item can be any personal property bought or exchanged for money or traded for another valuable item.
You should use a bill of sale in Nebraska if you’re buying or selling a car (or any vehicle), a boat, a gun/firearm, a motorcycle, or a horse.
Bill of Sale – By Type (5)
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Bill of sale
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (DMV Form)
- Certificate of Title (submit an Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title to a county treasurer’s office for a replacement title)
- Valid driver’s license
- Power of Attorney (if a third-party registers the vehicle on behalf of the owner)
- Proof of paid sales or excise tax
- Proof of Insurance with Minimum Requirements:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $25000 for property damage
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death
Boat Registration Forms
- Bill of Sale
- Application for Boat Number and Certificate
- Hull ID number (HIN)
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO)
- Registration fees
Below we provide a sample of a Nebraska bill of sale. You can also download the form for free in either PDF or Word format.