A West Virginia Bill of Sale is a legal document used to transfer ownership of a valuable item from one person to another, based on the specific state laws of West Virginia (WV).
Bill of Sale – By Type (5)
A form to buy or sell a motor vehicle in West Virginia. In many states, a bill of sale is required to register a vehicle at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
A document to transfer ownership of recreational water vehicles (such as motorboats, sailboats, yachts, and jet skis) in the state of West Virginia.
A form to buy or sell a trailer (or any non-motorized vehicle pulled by another vehicle) in the state of West Virginia and register it at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
A document to transfer ownership of a gun (such as a handgun, rifle, or shotgun) in the state of West Virginia, and avoid legal or criminal issues involving the weapon after it is sold.
A form to record the transfer of a motorcycle in the state of West Virginia. By detailing information about the bike being sold, you can protect yourself from fraudulent sales.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Application for Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle (Form DMV-1-TR)
- Bill of Sale
- Odometer disclosure statement (for vehicles less than ten years old)
- Driver’s license or state identification
- Proof of insurance
- Registration fees and tax payments
- Proof of inspection from the West Virginia State Police (unless the car is from a state with inspection reciprocity)
Boat Registration Forms
- Bill of Sale
- Application for Certificate of Title of a Motorboat (Form MB-6)
- Current Title of Registration
- Hull Number Certification (if a boat is from a state that does not issue titles)
- Payment of all registration fees