Selling a utility task vehicle (UTV) requires a legally accurate agreement demonstrating all the necessary particulars.
Although some view this transaction as requiring a less formal document than a car, truck, or motorcycle bill of sale, the same standards apply to UTV vehicle registration and taxes.
A formal UTV bill of sale ensures all the information and signatures required are present to complete the transaction.
What is a UTV Bill of Sale?
A UTV bill of sale documents the legal exchange of a specific vehicle for compensation, typically money.
The bill of sale is designed to formalize the agreement between buyer and seller. It includes pertinent information such as the names and residences of the buyer and seller.
Details such as year, make, model, and vehicle identification number (VIN) are essential to show that ownership has passed from one party to another.
The UTV bill of sale that buyers receive can be used to demonstrate proof of ownership when registering the model.
What to Include in a UTV Bill of Sale
When writing a UTV bill of sale, it’s not unusual for sellers to use a UTV bill of sale template to streamline the process. A free, printable template provides the details needed to complete the transaction.
Using a reliable bill of sale template also ensures you won’t omit information that causes the buyer difficulties when registering or insuring the vehicle. These items typically need to be included on a UTV bill of sale:
- Date: You must date the UTV bill of sale for when the actual transaction takes place.
- Description: This section includes the make, model, year, type, and color of the UTV.
- VIN and Plate: The VIN is typically stamped on the frame of the UTV along the passenger’s side toward the rear. This number must be located and added to the UTV bill of sale. If the UTV is currently registered, include the plate number as well.
- Odometer: Like an automobile, check the UTV’s mileage and input it on the bill of sale.
- Purchase Price: Including the total purchase price for tax and registration purposes is essential. Checking the box that identifies the payment type can help resolve post-sale disagreements.
At the bottom of a digital or printable UTV bill of sale PDF, there should be lines to identify the involved parties further.
These include buyer and seller names, places of residence, phone numbers, and signatures to complete the transaction.
Some states may require a notary. If a notary is needed, bring your ID and wait to sign the UTV bill of sale until you are in the official’s presence.
How to Write a UTV Bill of Sale
Using a UTV bill of sale template simplifies your writing process and helps avoid legal oversights. The various sections of our template allow sellers to include customizable information about their particular sale by following these steps:
- Step 1: Access the free printable bill of sale for UTVs.
- Step 2: Input the purchase price.
- Step 3: Include the buyer and seller’s names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Step 4: Write in the make, model, year, type, color, mileage, plate, and VIN.
- Step 5: If there are any special details or conditions, put them in writing.
- Step 7: Finalize the purchase and sale agreement by signing and dating the document.
UTV Bill of Sale Sample
A standardized UTV bill of sale template makes the selling process go smoothly. Our UTV bill of sale template is an accurate guide that ensures buyers and sellers complete a valid and legally binding agreement.
Download a UTV bill of sale template in PDF or Word format below: