An Oklahoma vehicle bill of sale is used to legitimize the transfer of ownership by proving that a vehicle is being honestly sold and purchased by both parties in the transaction.
A vehicle bill of sale lists information about the buyer, the seller, and the vehicle in question, including details regarding how much was paid. This documentation is required to receive an Oklahoma vehicle title for the vehicle in your name.
In the state of Oklahoma, when you buy a vehicle, you must obtain a title within 30 days of purchase
Oklahoma Vehicle Registration
When you purchase a vehicle in Oklahoma, you have 30 days to register the title in your name. The vehicle bill of sale in Oklahoma verifies that you are the legal owner and allows the state to issue you a standard Oklahoma license plate and decal.
You can also transfer a license plate previously registered to your new vehicle.
Since license plates in Oklahoma are assigned to drivers, not vehicles, remove any tags off of a vehicle being sold to a new owner.
Where to Register Your Vehicle
Beginning January 1, 2023, Service Oklahoma (SOK) handles all vehicle registrations and renewals. You can visit any of the 250 licensed operator locations across the state, previously known as tag agents, to register your vehicle.
Documents Required by the DMV Office
To obtain or transfer a vehicle title in Oklahoma, you will need the following paperwork:
- Bill of Sale or Declaration of Vehicle Purchase Price
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form 729)
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin
- Application for Certificate of Title (Form 701-6)
- Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney Form in case you want to authorize someone else to handle DMV tasks on your behalf
- Purchase Agreement if purchased from a private seller
- A valid driver’s license or FEI number
- Registration fees and taxes
- Proof of liability insurance with minimum requirements (§47-7-103): 
- $25,000 for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
You should bring any lien documentation if you are making payments to a financial institution for the vehicle (the title will be held by the lien holder until paid off).
Oklahoma Bill of Sale Sample
Below you will find a free printable Oklahoma Bill of Sale form that you can use to transfer ownership of a vehicle into your name.