When two people decide to exchange items without involving cash, they prove that the barter system is alive and well. This long-standing way of doing business was once completed with a simple handshake. But in the 21st century, it’s prudent to leverage an even trade bill of sale. A trade bill of sale outlines the particulars and considerations each party gives and receives. Once dated and signed, the agreement becomes as legally binding as those involved in the formal purchase and sale of other types of personal property.
What is an Even Trade Bill of Sale?
A bill of sale for trade comes into play when people decide to swap goods or materials in a way that benefits them. This business practice is somewhat unusual because the items in question may possess different market values. For example, someone might decide to swap a motorcycle for a boat without exchanging money.
Having an even trade bill of sale on hand is prudent to avoid a dispute if one party experiences buyer’s remorse. Employing a reliable bill of sale even trade template ensures that everything about the transaction is spelled out and signed by both parties.
What to Include in an Even Trade Bill of Sale
Another reason people use an even trade bill of sale instead of a handshake involves the government. If you buy, sell, or trade vehicles, a formal bill of sale is required for registration and tax purposes. When you use a comprehensive bill of sale even trade template as a guide, all of the following critical information is included.
- Trade Partner Information: There are lines for the full names and addresses of the parties.
- Item ID: Vehicle swaps require prices, dates, makes, models, years, colors, odometer readings, and VINs. Similar information may be needed for mechanical equipment.
- Details: A clear description on the even trade bill of sale helps make it more accurate.
- Notary: Some states require a trade bill of sale to include a notary stamp and signature. If your state requires one, bring your ID when you sign and date the agreement in front of the notary.
It’s important to consider thoughtfully the implications of making a trade without involving cash. There may be personal income or business tax consequences. But the good news is that a well-crafted bill of sale even trade template is suitable for a wide range of transactions.
How to Write an Even Trade Bill of Sale?
Using an even trade bill of sale template simplifies the process and helps prevent oversights. The various sections enable both parties to customize the document by adding information about their specific swap. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Access a bill of sale even trade template online.
- Step 2: Input the estimated value of the items in question.
- Step 3: Include the parties’ names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Step 4: Write a detailed description of the goods and materials.
- Step 5: If there are any special details or conditions, put them in writing.
- Step 6: Finalize the deal by signing and dating the agreement.
Even Trade Bill of Sale Sample
Using a formal even trade bill of sale template makes the process go smoothly. The trade bill of sale template serves as an accurate guide that ensures buyers and sellers complete a valid and legally binding agreement.