A Delaware Bill of Sale is a legal document used to transfer ownership of a valuable item from one person to another, based on the specific state laws of Delaware (DE). The item can be any personal property bought or exchanged for money or traded for another valuable item.
Bill of Sale – By Type (5)
Use a boat bill of sale to transfer ownership of recreational water vehicles (such as motorboats, sailboats, yachts, and jet skis).
Use a trailer bill of sale to buy or sell a trailer (or any non-motorized vehicle pulled by another vehicle).
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Bill of Sale
- Record of a vehicle inspection
- Proof of a Delaware auto insurance policy that meets the state minimum
- A completed application for title
- A Delaware driver’s license
- All vehicle registration fees, including:
- $40 registration fee
- Duplicate license plates with sticker/without sticker: $10/5
- Duplicate Delaware car registration card: $10
Boat Registration Forms
- Bill of Sale
- The original title or the current registration
- The newest boat registration application
- A non-resident tidal access boat ramp certificate (can be used instead of a valid Delaware boat registration)
- Manufacturer’s certificate of origin if the boat is brand new and has no bill of sale
- Valid photo identification or other proof of identity
Firearm Registration Forms
Delaware has specific laws to purchase and sell a firearm, but no laws require firearms to be registered.