A Florida Bill of Sale is a document used to legally document the sale and purchase of any item in Florida. Sometimes, you must use a specific bill of sale to correctly record all the required information, such as when selling or buying a car, boat, or firearm.
Some Florida Bills of Sale must be notarized before ownership can be legally transferred to the buyer.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Bill of Sale (Form HSMV 82050)
- Application for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration
- Vehicle Identification Affidavit and Odometer Declaration (Form HSMV 82042)
Notice of Sale (HSMV 82050)
- The seller must complete sections 1 & 3
- Proof of insurance
- Registration fees
- Driver’s license
Boat Registration Forms
- Bill of Sale
- Certificate of Title
- Application for a Boat Title
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin
- Federal Marine Document or acceptable alternative
Firearm Registration Forms
Florida has no law requiring firearms to be registered. The Firearm Bill of Sale form serves as proof of payment and proof of a firearm/gun ownership exchange.