A Missouri motor vehicle bill of sale (Form 1957) records the specifics of a vehicle transfer between a private buyer and seller in Missouri. It outlines the terms of the transaction, like the mutually accepted purchase price, the vehicle’s condition, and any extra terms discussed and agreed upon by both parties.
The buyer should keep a copy of the bill of sale for registration purposes. One buyer and one seller must sign, and notarization is necessary only if the vehicle has been rebuilt or if specifically requested by the Department of Revenue for the specific sale.
Where to Register Your Vehicle
Vehicle registration can be done at any Missouri license office in the state.
Documents Required by the DMV Office
You need the following documents to register your vehicle in Missouri:
- Bill of Sale
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form 1545)
- Valid Missouri driver’s license
- Certificate of Title (can apply for this at the Missouri Department of Revenue)
- Application for Missouri Title and License (Form 108)
- Registration Fees
- Proof of Insurance according to the state’s Minimum Requirements:
- $25,000 for bodily injury per person
- $25,000 for damage to property per accident
- $50,000 per accident for bodily injury
Missouri Vehicle Bill of Sale Sample
Below is a printable Mississippi motor vehicle bill of sale in PDF and Word format.