A Vermont vehicle bill of sale form records your car’s or another vehicle’s sale. It documents the details of your transaction and provides proof of a legitimate purchase to the state and future purchasers. It includes information about the sale, including the price, buyer, seller information, and vehicle details.
Legal Templates can provide a customizable template to help you make a vehicle sale or purchase in Vermont.
You can use the Vermont DMV Registration Required Documents Wizard to understand which documents and forms are required for your vehicle registration.
Whenever a Vermont resident purchases a vehicle, that vehicle must be registered with the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Buyers should register their vehicle as soon as possible after purchasing a vehicle. New owners must also get their vehicles inspected within 15 days of the purchase.
Where to Register Your Vehicle
Documents Required by the DMV Office
To register your vehicle in Vermont, you will require the following:
- Bill of Sale
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (VT-005)
- Registration/Tax/Title Application (Form TA-VD-119)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Verification, if required
- Signed title over to the buyer if the vehicle being exchanged is used
- A copy of the title if the vehicle is coming from another state
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) if a vehicle is new
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Registration fees
Proof of insurance that meets state minimum requirements
- $25,000 for bodily injuries per person
- $50,000 for bodily injuries per accident
- $10,000 for property damage
When Verification is Required
- Vehicles with Salvage Documentation.
- Vehicles that are being titled under bond.
- Vehicles with registrations from any foreign country, including Canada.
- Vehicles over 15 years old for which a Vermont resident seeks an “exempt title.”
If you want someone to handle your vehicle-related affairs in your absence, prepare a motor vehicle power of attorney form.
Vermont Vehicle Bill of Sale Sample
Get your customizable Vermont vehicle bill of sale form with the Word or PDF document below. You can also build your document step by step with our template builder.