A Wyoming Bill of Sale is a legal document used to transfer ownership of a valuable item from one person to another, based on the specific state laws of Wyoming (WY).
The item can be any kind of personal property that is bought or exchanged for money, or traded for another item of value. For example, you can get a Wyoming Bill of Sale for a firearm or a Wyoming Bill of Sale for a vehicle.
You should use a Bill of Sale in Wyoming if you’re buying or selling a car (or any type of vehicle), a boat, a gun/firearm, a motorcycle, or a horse.
Types of Bill of Sale
Bill of Sale Requirements
Buyers must keep a copy of their bill of sale to register (along with a certificate of title) a vehicle in Wyoming.
Because the bill of sale laws vary across the US, you need to use the form specific to Wyoming if you’re buying or selling a valuable item in the Equality State.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Application for Certificate of Title and VIN/HIN Inspection (MV-300A)
- Previous title (if a used car purchased in Wyoming)
- Bill of Sale
- Valid driver’s license or state ID
Proof of auto insurance that meets the state’s minimum coverage requirements  :
- $25,000 for an injured person in an accident
- $50,000 for all injuries in an accident
- $20,000 for property damage in an accident
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Copy of dealer’s invoice (if vehicle is from a dealership)
- Copy of signed lease (if vehicle is leased)
- Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney (if an agent represents the buyer or seller)
- Proof of payment of taxes and fees.
Boat Registration Forms
- Watercraft Registration Form
- Bill of Sale
- Hull Identification Number Inspection and Certificate of Title Form
- Proof of aquatic invasive species inspection at an authorized location (for boats launching between March 1 and November 30) 
Trailer Registration Forms
- Title Application-VIN/HIN Inspection Form
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin if it is a new vehicle
- Statement of MSRP (if a new trailer)
- Bill of Sale or Dealer Purchase Agreement
- Certification of any liens or encumbrances on the vehicle
- Proof of paid sales tax
- Any other documentation the County Clerk requires
Wyoming Bill of Sale Sample
Below is an example of a Wyoming bill of sale.